Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July 4th!

While the weather is hot and dry outside and my brown yard continues to get browner, we worked in the cool basement and finished the ceiling. It's a good feeling to have that done. Today we cut and installed all the border panels around the perimeter of the room. While I cut each piece, my wife installed them in the grid. The pieces that border the wall can be rather time consuming to cut due to the recessed edge on these type panels. The recessed edge gives more of a three-dimensional look to the panels and is much more stylish than the typical office type panels that sit flush with the grid. Each border panel must be cut by hand and it takes 3 cuts to make the recessed edge (6 cuts on each corner panel). Needless to say, after hand cutting 36 border panels in 3 hours my hand is hurting.
This first photo looks down the room towards the doors that lead into my workshop. I left a panel out where the old light fixture is mounted. I've ordered three 2' x 2' fluorescent fixtures that will be mounted down the center line of the ceiling. Then I will install about 8 can lights around the perimeter.
Suspended Ceiling


Here's a view looking back the other way down the room.
Suspended Ceiling


And another one..
Suspended Ceiling


Last one...
Suspended Ceiling

No comments: